The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Gotta bring out the dumbells!

Started by JOE, August 12, 2016, 09:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

JOE

Yup! I gotta bit of a paunch, I'm feelin' flabby an' my arms are the size of toothpicks these days.

Too much sleepin' in, eatin' too many Tim Hortons doughnuts, bein' a lazy bugger, doin' nothin'.

Gotta bring out them dumbells I got hangin' around in the closet.

Anyone here suggest a simple weightlifting routine/set of exercises/reps ta get rid of the past winter flab?

I know there's not much summer left, but heck I figger...20 days is better 'n nothin' to at least get into acceptable shape.

Twenty Dollars

Joe seriously no magic to it. Eat 1/3 less. Lifting dumbbells are for dumbbells. Have a bike?

Good luck Joe.

Anonymous

My husband has a set of free weights in the basement..

And like Twenty Dollars has said about the benefits of cycling, he does that too..

It's my job to make sure he has a healthy diet.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"Yup! I gotta bit of a paunch, I'm feelin' flabby an' my arms are the size of toothpicks these days.

Too much sleepin' in, eatin' too many Tim Hortons doughnuts, bein' a lazy bugger, doin' nothin'.

Anyone here suggest a simple weightlifting routine/set of exercises/reps ta get rid of the past winter flab?

I know there's not much summer left, but heck I figger...20 days is better 'n nothin' to at least get into acceptable shape.

Get a frickin bench and do some real weight lifting.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Meathead"
Quote from: "JOE"Yup! I gotta bit of a paunch, I'm feelin' flabby an' my arms are the size of toothpicks these days.

Get a frickin bench and do some real weight lifting.

Is that what you do Herman? Real men stuff?

cc

QuoteGotta bring out the dumbells!

You screwed up and got the wrong forum again Joe

ac_smile

Edit: Too subtle?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Joe, I have a very sedentary job, so I know the importance of a healthy diet. I'm naturally thin with a fast metabolism, but that doesn't mean a person is healthy. I have one hot meal per day that I usually warm up in the locomotive microwave instead of at the bunk house while on the road. Besides this,  I bring Tupperware dishes with carrot and celery sticks, cashews, cheese, grapes, hummus, strawberries and granola.

Because of the nature of my job, it's difficult to go to a fitness centre. Therefore I walk whenever possible, do sit ups and push ups before bed in the bunk house and about 300 jumping jacks if we are held in a siding.

I don't know your career and lifestyle, so it's hard to give advice. You have to find a way to incorporate healthy eating and exercise into your schedule. Best of luck.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Joe, I have a very sedentary job, so I know the importance of a healthy diet. I'm naturally thin with a fast metabolism, but that doesn't mean a person is healthy. I have one hot meal per day that I usually warm up in the locomotive microwave instead of at the bunk house while on the road. Besides this,  I bring Tupperware dishes with carrot and celery sticks, cashews, cheese, grapes, hummus, strawberries and granola.

Because of the nature of my job, it's difficult to go to a fitness centre. Therefore I walk whenever possible, do sit ups and push ups before bed in the bunk house and about 300 jumping jacks if we are held in a siding.

I don't know your career and lifestyle, so it's hard to give advice. You have to find a way to incorporate healthy eating and exercise into your schedule. Best of luck.

You're active Jock. Old Joe is not.

Anonymous

First of all, I am a smoker, so I take anything I say with a grain of salt. I drive everywhere I go, but I often take the stairs instead of the elevator in my condo building. I am lucky enough to have a fitness room in my building too. Other than that, I am as mad about golf as TD is about surfing.

What active pursuits do you enjoy Joe? I know you like watching hockey, but are there any sports you play?

Twenty Dollars

Golf makes you happy Seoul. I can tell, so good for you. Bet there some nice green courses where you are. Knock off those smokes. They are killers. You can do it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"Golf makes you happy Seoul. I can tell, so good for you. Bet there some nice green courses where you are. Knock off those smokes. They are killers. You can do it.

Ya, I know TD. I have tried to quit, but I always fail. I will pay a price for my habit eventually if I don't quit. I'm really going to make an effort to quit in late fall/early winter when golf season wraps up. I do not want to get emphysema.

Twenty Dollars

I stopped on April 3rd, 1995. Was going on a hike out to Ano Neuvo beach to check the surf. Uh oh no smokes. Decided then and there, enough was enough. Smokes weren't that expensive then. They are now. Think of the $$$ you'd save. More golf vacations.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"I stopped on April 3rd, 1995. Was going on a hike out to Ano Neuvo beach to check the surf. Uh oh no smokes. Decided then and there, enough was enough. Smokes weren't that expensive then. They are now. Think of the $$$ you'd save. More golf vacations.

You're absolutely right, but man is it difficult. How did you do it? Cold turkey without any help like Nicorette's or the patch?

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"I stopped on April 3rd, 1995. Was going on a hike out to Ano Neuvo beach to check the surf. Uh oh no smokes. Decided then and there, enough was enough. Smokes weren't that expensive then. They are now. Think of the $$$ you'd save. More golf vacations.

You're absolutely right, but man is it difficult. How did you do it? Cold turkey without any help like Nicorette's or the patch?

I tried Nicorette. Don't think patches existed back then. Nicorette gum killed the craving for a few minutes. Didn't really help. It was a matter of making up my mind for real and following through.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

I tried Nicorette. Don't think patches existed back then. Nicorette gum killed the craving for a few minutes. Didn't really help. It was a matter of making up my mind for real and following through.

Sheer determination to kick your habit eh? I bought a vape, but I am still smoking. Once golf and barbeque season winds down, it will be easier....I hope.